- Aeos - Salisbury, MD
- Enterprise 101 - Worton, MD
- Nuvu - Mt Airy, MD
- SpiderWeb Connections - Easton, MD
- Tango - Salisbury, MD
Welcome to the 2014 Eastern Shore Business Competition!
Submission Period: September 1, 2014 to October 24, 2014
The Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center (ESEC), Rural Maryland Council (RMC), and Maryland Capital Entreprises (MCE) have joined together to offer the third annual Eastern Shore Business Competition. All three organizations strive to advance and expand the entrepreneurial ecosystem on Maryland's Eastern Shore, as well as throughout Maryland, and collaborate to execute a business competition that will draw greater attention to the Eastern Shore and attract entrepreneurs to the opportunities and resources available in the region. The application process for the competition has begun and we are looking forward to your submissions!
The purpose of the competition is to promote and encourage the startup of new businesses and in turn the creation of new jobs on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
Awarded to the Winner of the competition.*
- A total Prize amount of $25,000 in cash will be awarded to the Winner of the competition.
- The winner will also receive a $2,000/month discount ( for 12 consecutive months) from Rackspace Startup Program.
- The competition serves as an opportunity for the Winner to automatically advance to the Semi-Final Round of the 2015 InvestMaryland Challenge business competition in pursuit of $100,000 cash prize. Also, the Winner may enter FREE (application fee waived) into the 2015 MassChallenge competition in pursuit of the four-month accelerator program which provides world-class mentorship and training, free office space, access to funding, media and more, along with $1M in cash awards ($10M+ in-kind support).
*There will be NO Second and Third Place Winners this year.)
- Individuals or teams interested in the competition must confirm ELIGIBILITY and then complete REGISTRATION and submit all your SUBMISSION material by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2014.
Eligibility and Rules:
- Business plans may be submitted by individuals or by teams that are legal U.S. residents.
- There is no limit to the number of people on a team.
- Each unique business plan submitted must be an innovative and scalable plan for a successful business which is fundable.
- Any idea of a commercial endeavor is valid.
- All submissions must be the original work of those making the submission.
- Submissions must describe a new business or an early stage company.
- It is the intent of the competition that prize winnings be used to establish or continue startup business operations in Maryland Eastern Shore counties, but it is not a requirement for submission. Applicants must be for a Maryland or Delaware business.
- Established businesses may propose a new business.
- All submissions must pay a $150 application fee.
- Make sure to click on the signup button at the top of the page to create an account.
- Once you complete the signup process, you'll get an email indicating your account has been activated and accessible for login. Check your spam box. Please add us to your safe sender list so that you can continue to receive messages from us.
- Complete the Eligibility form that confirms you understand and meet all requirements, rules, and regulations of the competition. Then you will complete the Registration form.
- Upon completion of Eligibilty and Registration you will pay the Aplication Fee.
- When you are ready to submit your Business Plan, upload all application material on the site.
- You will have the ability to make any changes to your submission until the competition closes at 11:59pm on October 24, 2014.
Round 1 - (Friday - October 24, 2014 - 11:59 PM)
- Fill out your Registration and Eligibility Forms online DO THIS AT LEAST ONE DAY PRIOR TO DEADLINE SO WE HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO APPROVE.
- Fill out information for your team (if applicable) DO THIS AT LEAST ONE DAY PRIOR TO DEADLINE SO WE HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO APPROVE.
- Pay Application Fee
- Upload your Business Plan Submission and Financial Projections
Round 2 - (Wednesday - October 29, 2014)
- Announcement of five (5) Finalists
Round 3 - (Wednesday - November 12, 2014) at ENTREPRENEUR EXPO
- This is the final presentation round. A maximum of five individuals or teams will make it to this round and will present in front of a panel of judges during a session of the Entrepreneur Expo in Linthicum, MD. The judges will determine who will be the Winner. The Winner will be announced during the Entrepreneur Expo.
The Competition recognizes that applicants may be concerned about the confidentiality of their business plans. Applicants are encouraged to exclude any information they regard as confidential. The business name, business description included within your submission, first name, last name, city, state and country will be considered “public information” and may be used in public documentation. While we will take measures to ensure the protection of intellectual property and preserve the confidentiality of each submission, the Competition cannot take further responsibility to protect the intellectual property or other rights of each entrant. Protection of such rights is ultimately the responsibility of each entrant. As a result of the foregoing, neither the Competition, ESEC, RMC, MCE, nor any of the individuals reviewing the business plans submitted can guarantee any of the information contained within the business plans will remain confidential.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
Executive Director, Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center
If you have any technical questions about how to use the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the software application providers can help address your question.